Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

Explore

Good morning all.
Today I have a mixed media canvas for you.
I purchased a number of these little birds when they where on sale, and have been hoarding them ever since (they were on a really good sale, I just had to buy them - right?)
 
I have been seeing a lot of birdhouse inspired projects, and that got me thinking about these super cute little birds, but I also wanted something slightly different.
I actually came up with this idea at work, sitting at my computer.
A colleague saw me doing a quick sketch of the layout, and that began an interesting conversation.
 
 
I used a couple of recycled items (can you spot them) and some homemade texture paste.
I keep the background muted so it wouldn't take away from the bird, but added bursts of pink and black for interest.
 
Thankyou all for stopping by, and if you like, please follow me.
You can also find me at Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment